Saturday, December 1, 2012

Oh, the weather outside is HOT

It's the first of December today! As I wrote yesterday, I'm starting a new photo-a-day challenge this month thanks to Fat Mum Slim. Today's prompt was "8 o' clock." At 8 o' clock this morning, I had just got done feeding the baby and was putting him back to bed for a couple more hours of sleep. I was lazily laying in bed. (Anything to sleep just a little while longer!) So the resulting photo was:


Staring at the window, wishing the sun wasn't up yet! Since we just moved into this house in September, we are slowly getting things the way we want them. All the blinds on all the windows are SUPER cheap and do pretty much nothing to keep the sun out. And of course my bedroom window faces East. Eventually I'll get around to getting some curtains or some room-darkening blinds (I hope).

The other event on today's agenda was going to Christmas on the Square, a kind of street fair kicking off the season in Historic Downtown Weatherford. Downtown has a TON of really cute shops and restaurants. I did pretty much all my Christmas shopping there last year. The event today was filled with food, craft booths, music, and fun. The high today according to the Weather Channel was a brisk 80 degrees, and at one point the car thermometer said 83. Whew! It's December and it feels more like summer outside. So we loaded up in our tank tops, t-shirts, and shorts and headed downtown.


It was hot and sunny. Everyone thought Zachary's sunglasses were so cute though! Part of our church's booth was supposed to be to serve wassail, and instead of serving it hot, they ended up serving it over ice. There was an ice sculpture contest earlier in the day, but by the time we got there, Mr. Nutcracker was looking a little droopy.


Even though it was hot, we still had a fun time. Zachary got to take his very first picture with Santa! In his shorts, and T shirt no less. And we ended up coming home with 2 different types of local salsas, and 3 different scents of wax cubes for a candle warmer that are also made locally. I got an idea for my next crafting project too. A booth had a really cute "Welcome" metal door hanger with snowmen on it that my mom really liked, but part of it was bent really badly. So I promised her I would make something to hang on the front door (what have I gotten myself into?) All in all, it was a good time, and a good way to really kick off the Christmas season (I just can't get into Christmas before Thanksgiving is over, sorry). Now if only the weather will cooperate then it might actually feel like Christmas! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment