Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Cheeseburger Flatbreads


Last night we had an experiment for dinner. Most of my cooking is usually an experiment though so that's not a surprise. I decided to try something I pinned to Pinterest a long time ago. We were low on groceries and nothing really sounded good so I got a little creative. We didn't have the exact ingredients that Pinterest suggested so I had to improvise.

First came the flatbread:



I used 2 1/4 cups Bisquick mix and 2/3 cup milk, then stir it all up.


Spread out a little Bisquick and dump your dough out. Knead it approximately 10 times or so. 


Next I took little handfuls of dough about the size you would use to make a biscuit and rolled them out into somewhat round shapes. They need to be pretty thin unless you want your flatbread to be not very flat (figured that one out the hard way).


Heat about 2 tablespoons of the oil of your choice over medium heat. Then add your flatbread.


Heat about 1 minute on each side, or until they are golden brown.


Next brown 1 pound of ground beef.


After the ground beef is browned and drained, I added ketchup, mustard, a little water, season salt, onion powder, and garlic powder. Kind of like sloppy joe mix, but not as creamy (?) I didn't really measure how much of each. Just added til it looked and tasted good. That's my style of measuring. Very accurate.


Now all that's left is to top the flatbread with our meat.


And of course a little shredded cheese. In my world, cheese goes on pretty much everything. Then just fold and eat! I enjoyed my flatbreads with a spinach salad and some cucumber slices. This made enough for 4 people, and no one complained or died from my cooking. That's a success in my book. Also, I realize my food photography is severely lacking, but you get the point. Simple and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment