Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 A Reflection

2012 has been a life-changing year for me, literally. My son was born this year and my life will never be the same. I moved twice and had three different jobs (all at the same time). I started a completely new chapter in my life and I will never forget this year. This is the year I started figuring myself out and I hope that 2013 brings more of the same. I want to completely figure out how to be myself and do what I want to in my life. I want to provide the best I can for my son. 

I'm not really big on resolutions but I suppose my resolution would be to continue to better myself. Part of that would be to continue to build my repertoire of domestic achievements. Since I was pretty much broke this year from being on unpaid maternity leave (boo) I got pretty creative with some of my Christmas presents. I will do a post soon of all the things I made since everyone has gotten their gifts now. 

For now I'll just share how I spent my New Year's Eve. At home with my dad, sister, and son. I made chili using my mom's recipe, which turned out pretty darn good if I do say so myself. Then I made Oreo truffles and a crispy chocolate peanut butter truffle experiment. 


The Oreo truffles are just crushed Oreos mixed with cream cheese then dipped in chocolate almond bark, with a white chocolate almond bark drizzle. The others were crushed Ritz crackers mixed with peanut butter dipped in chocolate almond bark with a peanut butter drizzle. I've made the Oreo ones several times, but I wasn't sure how the peanut butter ones were going to turn out. The peanut butter and crackers didn't set up quite like the Oreos and cream cheese. But they turned out pretty good and I think I actually ended up liking them better than the Oreo truffles; not quite as sweet. 

My sister gave me a super cute wine glass for Christmas so I started my night out with one of the best drinks out there. 


I may have an obsession. I know it's bad for me but I've pretty much given up the idea of giving it up. You can't deprive yourself of everything you like, right? :) Then later on I filled my glass with champagne to properly toast the New Year :)

Overall, it was a pretty good day. Quiet, but good. Gave me time to reflect on my life a little bit. Even though I'm not in a place I would have ever expected myself to be, I'm moving forward. I expect that I will continue to move forward and find my place in the world. It is just taking a little longer than I thought it would. And I have the best person to accompany me now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment